We are Britain's biggest flamenco club - based in London.
Peña Flamenca de Londres has been in existence since 1984.
We present regular shows on the second Sunday of each month (except August).
Members and non-members are equally welcome at all our shows.
Paco Peña and Maribel la Manchega.
Next Show at the Peña: El Retiro Flamenco
Sunday May 12
From Madrid. Stefano Domit, Magdalena Maria Christina Daniels, dancers; Rafael Casado, Daniel Yague and Sonia Cortes, musicians.
Doors open 7pm. Entry on door, members £10, non-members £15.
New Home For The Peña
The Peña Flamenca de Londres has a new home. It is the Church Hall of Holy Apostles, Cumberland Street, SW1. It is advertised as the best-appointed Church Hall in London and has everything we could want. A stage so that all can see that all-important footwork, dressing room for the artists, a gallery for those bigger shows….
We will be finishing earlier – about 9.45 – to help those travelling long distances to get home, so will continue with doors open at 7pm.
Getting there. If using a map, the church hall is not in the same road as the church…
- Bus. Buses 24, 360 and C10 pass the end of the road.C10 runs to Victoria
- Underground. Pimlico, one stop from Victoria, then walk along Lupus Street. It’s a few steps more than St Aloysius from Euston but a much better area. Or get the bus along, get off at Winchester Street.
- Train. Victoria, C10 bus or No.24
- On foot. From Victoria about 10 minutes. Wilton Street along the side of Victoria Station, Straight on into Denbigh Street. At end cross main road to Gloucester Street almost opposite. At end of Gloucester Street turn right and you are there! On the return trip remember that Denbigh Street is the centre road of the three that face you at the end of Gloucester Street.
- Keep in touch with the website for news on our big opening show. There will be food and refreshments at reasonable prices.
New issue of Flamenco News is on sale at El Mundo Flamenco, Duke Street, London, price £3. Or at peñas or through firstname.lastname@example.org. It is posted free to members.
Special guitar issue
Back Page: Our first advert
4 Sadler’s Wells programme
7 More Basiliscos
8 El Sali and Juana
10 Guitar Man Rae
12 Tomatito Exclusive Interview
15 Ladies of Spain: Tocaoras
18 Jairo Barrull